The core, forged from resilient FC61 super steel, is protected by a stunning 48 layers of stainless steel. And MIYABI Kaizen II knives are as beautiful as they are functional. The blades’ gorgeous flower Damascus pattern is dramatically darkened through acid dipping. The double FRIODUR® ice-hardened blade makes for improved corrosion resistance and astonishing durability. Artisans hand-hone the blades using the venerable four-step Honbazuke method. This fine attention to detail translates into a work of art that is the ultimate in precision cutting.
The blade is balanced by a substantial D-shaped handle made of black pakkawood. Effortless to hold, the classic Japanese “D”-shape handle offers a comfortable grip for stress-free cutting. This striking handle truly matches the caliber of the blade.
- Revolutionary FC61 steel core features fine carbide distribution and is protected by a durable 48 layers of damast steel
- Fine carbide distribution creates a razor-sharp and durable blade with a 61 Rockwell hardness
- Double ice-hardened FRIODUR® blade offers remarkable durability and cutting edge retention
- Blade is hand-honed using the historic Honbazuke method to an exceptionally sharp 9.5 to 12°
- Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile
- Ergonomic handle is made of black pakkawood and stylishly stamped with a mosaic pin. End cap features the MIYABI logo
- Stylish, strong handle features an improved thicker and rounded bolster for increased comfort and balance
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan